Honolulu, HI, US
Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Responsible for the overall operation of the resort, including maintaining professional relationships with owners, Board members, and VRI staff. Duties include overseeing the overall safety, security, maintenance, and service levels of the resort, supervising resort staff in accordance with all Board and management company policies and employment law, ensuring that all financial controls are maintained, preparing and delivering required reports accurately and timely, ensuring that all assets and inventories are maintained and protected, establishing positive relations with the community and governing agencies, maintaining professional vendor relations, monitoring and ensuring owner/guest satisfaction, managing owner, renter and exchange guest reservations, facilitating and achieving Board directives and goals.
Leads by example, builds morale, motivates and trains employees to provide the highest standards of excellence in hospitality and vacation ownership. Due to the limited size of this property, you will be required to participate in most job functions and tasks as the General Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Directs resort staff to achieve the duties listed below and performs other duties as may be assigned:
1. Enforces Board and VRI standards for the health, wellbeing, and safety of employees, owners, guests, visitors, and vendors.
2. Practices, promotes, enforces, and achieves Board and VRI core values, policies, philosophies, and goals.
3. Responsible for recruiting new employees for vacant positions including advertising, interviewing, and verifying qualifications. Responsible for training, evaluating, motivating, recognizing, and awarding employees for optimal employee satisfaction and retention. Also responsible for disciplining up to and including termination in accordance with employment law and current employee handbook.
4. Follows and enforces all rules and regulations set forth in the current Employee Handbook.
5. Responsible for planning, developing, and implementing Board approved employee policies and procedures in coordination with the VRI’s Director of Resorts.
6. Responsible for maintaining services at a level that ensures owner/guest satisfaction, excellent Customer Service Scores, and positive comments on social media and travel rating platforms.
7. Monitors online reputation and responds to negative postings.
8. Maintains expenses within Board-approved annual budget, reports, and attempts to offset significant variances and reports same on a timely basis. Assists VRI with budget development and presentation to the Board.
9. Provides oversite of all capital projects, leases, contracts, and all business concerns on behalf of the Association.
10. Performs weekly unit inspections and ongoing common area inspections and addresses any deficiencies in cleanliness and maintenance or safety issues.
11. Reviews night audits, daily reports, and all financial controls for accuracy and timely completion.
12. Analyzes income statement variances to budget minimally on a monthly basis to determine favorable and unfavorable trends. Is able to explain/account for variances and provides regular reports to VRI’s Director of Resort and the Board. Additionally, must be proactive in minimizing negative variances and/or take necessary steps to mitigate future variances.
13. Responsible for the approval/verification of all vendor invoices and the timely submission to VRI for processing and payment.
14. Takes an active interest and supports the promotion, generation, and maximization of rental income for the resort.
15. Oversees the assignment of the owner, exchange, and rental guestrooms based on room availability, use rights, governing by-laws, and rental policies.
16. Meets with staff and reviews occupancy activity, guest satisfaction, and occupancy reports to determine service level corrections and recommended policy changes for VRI review and Board approval.
17. Ensures timely and complete communication of directives to department supervisors that include, but are not limited to, any changes to policies, systems, or operations.
18. Promotes the resort within the local community.
19. Responds to owners and guests professionally and with empathy to resolve problems or complaints. Handles special requests and unusual circumstances with compassion and understanding in order to maintain overall owner and guest satisfaction.
20. Immediately advises VRI’s Director of Resorts of any unusual and/or material event.
21. Serves as liaison between owners, exchange company(ies), and VRI. Provides information and assistance to owners inquiring about use rights, policies, management services, and exchange company policies and procedures.
22. Answers questions pertaining to payment of assessments and fees. Contacts owners whose fees are delinquent prior to the submission of their account to the approved outside collection agency. Works to resolve payment errors or disputes within Assessment Billing and Collection policy guidelines. Establishes payment plans and other Board approved account resolution initiatives in accordance with said policy.
23. Reviews monthly exchange company CSI reports internal comment cards and online postings with staff. Monitors trends and reports same along with any recommended changes to policies or services to VRI’s Director of Resorts and the Board.
24. Responsible for ensuring staff compliance with all required health and safety meetings/classes.
25. Conducts himself/herself in a professional manner at all times.
KEY POINTS & EXPECTATIONS
VRI Americas reserves the right to modify and update this Position Description as needed.
Office: Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Department: Resort Operations-Mgmt
Location: Honolulu, HI, US
Discounted Resort Stays
Paid Time Off