We are looking for an experienced General Manager to provide support and leadership to resorts with vacancies, new build openings and resorts being transitioned into our portfolio.
Responsible for assisting the Regional Vice President, Director of Operations, and site team to maintain operational excellence through an effective transition process.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Act as General Manager for resorts absent a GM. Ability to assist multiple locations as necessary via Zoom, Conference Calls or site visits as assigned.
- Assist with and participate in transition calls and/or meetings to assist in preparing for transition and execute tasks as assigned.
- Act as a support associate to Director, BIQ, RVP/RDO in executing transition or Task Force action items to ensure property performance.
- Act as internal department liaison to assist in transition action items (service contracts, utility placements, etc.)
- Assist corporate support associates and Director, BIQ, RVP/RDO in setting up Capital’s platform functions as assigned.
- Support multi-site operations at the direction of Director, BIQ, RVP/RDO
- Distribute pertinent information and plans to key personnel
- Obtain all functional operations specific training to operate all resort departments
- Assist with creation of SOP/SOP as directed by DBIQ
- Perform QA Inspections as directed by DBIQ
- Implement an initial training program for staff
- Identify applicable state, local, and federal taxes
- Train General Manager (if staying) on Capital Vacations Policies and Procedures
- Assist in providing a smooth transition as possible for all employees for new and vacated positions in resort operations.
- Provide weekly reports (first 90 days) to Executive Management and Board Members
- Perform all other duties and needed to ensure a smooth transition
- Supervises and performs special projects as required
General Statement - Performs the job assigned, complying with Company policies and procedures, business code of ethics, FLSA regulations, and all applicable laws, as well as ensuring confidentiality, reliability, quality, and productivity.
Education, Essential Training / Certifications, and Experience:
- Associate or secondary education degree or certification
- 3 to 5 years as an Assistant General Manager or a General Manager for 3 years
- Guest relations, human resources management, and hotel/resort/timeshare operations experience.
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Ability to organize, direct and perform high-level management duties in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale
- Ability to multi-task
- Excellent attendance and punctuality
- Ability to travel
- Flexible schedule; ability to work evenings, weekends and holidays if necessary, to meet business needs
Shift: Additional hours may be necessary to accommodate business needs
- Regular Hours, On-Call, and Weekend