Honolulu, HI, US
Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Department: Hawaiian Sun Holidays/Sweetwater Waikiki
Location: Honolulu, HI
Date: March 14, 2023
Responsible for the overall operation of the resort, including maintaining good working relationships with Board members, Capital Vacation and VRI staff and owners. Duties include overseeing the overall maintenance and service of the property, ensuring that all monies and reports are processed properly and on time, ensuring that proper inventories are maintained, maintaining proper contact with community agencies, establishing good vendor relations, supervising resort staff, monitoring exchange program and maintaining proper Board relations. Leads by example, builds morale, motivates and helps maintain the highest standards of excellence in Vacation Ownership amongst the employees.
REPORTS TO/ SUPERVISON RECEIVED:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Directs resort staff to achieve the goals listed below. Other duties may be assigned.
2. Establishes with supervisors, standards for resort personnel administration and performance, service to guests, rental room rates, guest credit and payment policies, customer service, and type of guests to be solicited (Bonus Time, Vacation Time or rental).
3. Takes an active interest and roll in the promotion and generation of rental income for the project.
4. Reviews night audit and daily paperwork for accuracy and timely completion if assigned to others.
5. Ensures (with appropriate department head if not handled directly) that each department is adequately staffed according to the business demands.
6. Responsible for recruiting new employees for vacant positions. Responsibilities include advertising, interviewing, and reference checks. Also responsible for terminating employees and to make sure that the termination reflects established procedures outlined in the most current employee handbook. Must work with HR on any terminations prior to any action.
7. Approves the coordination and planning of Guest Activities and special events based on Board approved budgets.
8. Allocates funds, authorizes expenditures, and assists Vacation Resorts International in budget development.
9. Oversees the assignment of owner, exchange, and rental guestrooms based on room availability and restrictions due to timeshare ownership of individual units.
10. Responsible for the approval/verification of all vendor invoices and the timely submission to VRI Accounting per the established directives.
11. Responsible for services provided by Front Desk personnel that will ensure efficient operation, guest satisfaction, and to maintain positive position within the industry.
12. Analyzes operating budget on at least a monthly basis to determine variances and be able to explain/account for those variances. Additionally, must be proactive in reducing negative variances and or take necessary steps to mitigate future variances.
13. Meets with desk staff and reviews activity, guest satisfaction, and occupancy reports to determine changes in activity programs or Front Desk operations.
14. Responsible for the timely implementation of directives to department supervisors that outline policy, program, or operational changes.
15. Is the Ambassador for the resort, promotes the resort within the local community.
16. Works with owners and guests on a personal level to resolve problems or complaints. Handles special requests and unusual circumstances with compassion and understanding, in order to improve overall owner and guest satisfaction.
17. Serves as liaison between owners, exchange companies, and VRI. Provides information and assistance to owners inquiring about management and exchange company policies and procedures.
18. Responsible to submit quarterly, written General Manager Reports for enclosure in board Meeting Packets. Reports to include current events, projects, staff changes, exchange company designations, resort area information, chamber of commerce news, general occupancy statistics, pictures, AOAO updates or projects, anything thing appropriate to report to the Board. Each report may be customized for the respective association and you are to work with your respective supervisor to review and determine content and format of report.
19. Responsible to submit regular and timely reports to accounting for general manager checking account and petty cash recap reports and rental summary reports. Occupancy and variance reports must be submitted monthly to supervisors and/or supervisor’s administrative assistant as established by supervisor. From time to time, additional reporting may be required by supervisors and timely compliance with deadlines for report submission must be adhered to.
20. Acts as in-house representative for questions pertaining to payment of assessments and fees. Contacts owners whose fees are delinquent prior to the submission of their account to the approved outside collection agency. Works to resolve payment problems or disputes within Assessment Billing and Collection policy guidelines. Has authority to establish payment plans.
21. The General Manager will develop and implement a plan(s) to ensure new owners have made reservations for their use weeks within four weeks after they close escrow. Those owners that have not made reservations will be contacted directly by resort staff under direction of General Manager.
22. Reviews monthly R.C.I. & II comment reports with staff. Make suggestions for changes to help enhance guest and owner perception of the resort and staff. Responsible for the follow through on suggestions and changes to ensure the RCI & II Comment Card score improve or are maintained at the highest level.
23. Responsible for all required health and safety meetings/classes. Responsible for the establishment and maintenance of the health and safety program for all employees.
24. Always conduct himself/herself in a professional manner.
25. Follows all rules and regulations set forth in the latest Employee Handbook.
26. This is on-site position that is responsible for the late check-ins, lock outs or other service needs that require immediate staff attention that may occur from time to time. You will need to provide coverage in the event you will be away from the property.
Capital Vacation reserves the right to modify and update this Position Description as needed.
Office: Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Department: Resort Operations-Mgmt
Location: Honolulu, HI, US
Discounted Resort Stays
Paid Time Off